The Multi Purpose Facility was built for the Southern Ute Tribal Community through the dedication of the Southern Ute Tribal Council, the Design Committee and the Southern Ute Planning Staff. There is no cost to use the facility. Doing your part to keep the building clean will ensure future users will have the same opportunity as you do today. Thank you for scheduling your event at the Multi-Purpose Facility. We understand your event is important to you and we would like to alleviate any additional demands you may have on the day of your event.
- Give yourself plenty of time to decorate before the event and clean up after the event. Staff will give you guidance on time frames. As we have many users, some days back-to-back, we ask you to keep to your scheduled time.
- Glitter is not permitted. Glitter is difficult to clean up, as the pieces are miniscule, making it tricky to sweep up and vacuum . Larger types of confetti are fine to use, if they can be cleaned and picked up.
- Prior to the beginning of your event coordinate a cleaning party. To enjoy your event, it is advisable to ask people to volunteer to assist you with cleaning (i.e. wiping off tables, cleaning chairs (kids tend to get cake and frosting on all types of surfaces), sweeping and mopping).
- Do not stack chairs that have cake and frosting on them. Please put them to the side. The Staff will be happy to clean the chairs.
- There are several Southern Ute Tribal Members who have catering businesses, in addition to the Sky Ute Casino. If you hire a caterer, they may assume the responsibility for cleaning the kitchen area. It is up to you, the user, to reserve the kitchen and ensure that the caterer will clean the kitchen area. Coordination may be needed to ensure that that facility is open for the caterer.
- The facility has an ice machine available for the user. If you need ice, you must bring containers for your beverages to hold cans and bottles.
- The use of alcohol or any use of illegal drugs is prohibited on the premises.
- By using the facility, users shall indemnify and hold harmless the Tribe, the Tribal Council, and the Tribe’s employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims, damages, losses and expenses of every nature made against the Tribe arising out of using the facility.
The Memorial Chapel will be used for weddings, funerals, and other ceremonies for the Southern Ute membership.
- Funerals requests will cancel all scheduled events for the time requested.
- Decoration of the facility or rearranging the chapel chairs for an event can be scheduled for the day before the event. Cleanup will be scheduled at the end of the event.
- Sound system, video screen, and laptop outlets are available for use.
- It is to the user’s responsibility to bring their personal laptop for use with the AV system during their event.
- Any damage during the users’ event is the sole responsibility of the user to compensate the Southern Ute Indian Tribe.
- Multi-Purpose Staff will be at all events to assist before/during and ensure the user cleans up at the end of the event.
- All users must sign a user agreement form (with the exception of Tribal member funerals).