SunUte has a team of trainers ready to assist you to meet your physical goals. As a SunUte member you will receive, free of charge, a fitness assessment and a one-on-one training with our certified trainers. This is will get you training in a safe and effective way.
- Bachelor of Arts, Exercise Science – Concentration in Fitness and Leisure – Fort Lewis College, 2001
- AFAA Group Exercise Certification since 2002
- BodyPump- 2003, Advanced Instructor Module-2011
- BodyStep-2005, Advanced Instructor Module-2012
- BodyFlow-2006, Advanced Instructor Module-2011, Advanced Instructor Level II-2016 (Go Sage)
- BodyCombat/BodyCombat Instructor-2011
- TRX Level One-2013
- YOGA RYT-200 hour certification-2015
- Yoga and Meditation and soaking in Hot Springs
- Mountain Biking and Trail Running
- Training for new/different events
I have now been working at SunUte for 15 years! I am truly grateful for all of the experiences I have gained from my time here and the people I have met on my journey. I am competitive by nature but in the last few years have learned to embrace that competitiveness in other ways. After experiencing burnout/over-training/anxiety head on, I was given the amazing opportunity to go through Yoga RYT 200 training. I then spent a year discovering alternative ways to live a healthy, happy and pain free life; mind, body and spirit. My job here allows me to help others on their fitness journey by sharing my experiences and reminding them how strong they really are.
I encourage everyone to find something that they can enjoy and be active with for life. That is why I love Yoga so much. Having a deeper connection and understanding of myself has taught me how to nurture and respect my body so I can be a strong, positive example to my family, friends and all of the amazing members I have met here at SunUte.
I encourage you all to find something that you enjoy and will continue to do so for the rest of your lives. Not everyone is meant to run marathons or do 24 hour adventure races. I suggest that everyone find their passion, their strength and what drives them and what makes them feel good. Life is about enjoying every minute to its fullest.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science-Exercise Specialist, Fort Lewis College, 2014
- AFAA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer
- NAFC Certified Functional Fitness Trainer
- NAFC Living Lean-Nutrition for Life
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 coaching certification (in progress)
- Sports-Specific Strengthening/Conditioning
- Circuit-training (cross-training)
- Strength training
- Personalized workout routines
- 2012 Physiology Student of the Year (Fort Lewis College)
- 2012‐13 Exercise Science Junior/Senior Major of the Year Nominee (Fort Lewis College)
- 2013‐14 Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges Nominee, 1 of 16
- Competing in strength and weight lifting events
- Beginning competitive arm wrestling
- Running 5k’s and mud runs (LOVE the Spartan Races!!!)
- Watching local high school sporting events
- Enjoy watching college football and track and field
- Outdoor activities (hunting, fishing, camping etc.)
I know both sides of the client-personal trainer relationship, as I have been the client, and, I am now the trainer. I’ve been into fitness and weightlifting my entire life, as I was exposed to the “gym life” from early childhood. Some of my best memories are going to the weight room with my parents when I was a child.
When it comes to exercises, I am a very firm believer in the basics. Amazing results can be obtained from properly learning, executing, and progressing the basic lifts and exercises. The basic lifts are not exactly fancy nor are they the latest craze, however, the amount of strength and physique change the basics can provide, are hard to beat. Fancy exercises come and go, but the basics have been around for decades!
“It’s not about what you gain…it’s about who you become in the process” – Elliott Hulse.
Todd Raining Bird
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science-Exercise Specialist, Fort Lewis College, 2016.
- N.C.S.F Certified Personal Trainer.
- FiTour Primary Personal Trainer.
- FiTour Advanced Personal Trainer.
- Sports Performance Coach.
- Olympic Weight Lifting and Power Lifting Coach.
- N.A.S.M Fitness Nutrition Specialization ( In progress)
I am from Busby, Montana and enrolled in the Northern Cheyenne tribe in southeast Montana. Some of my hobbies include playing video games, watching college and NBA basketball games, reading, and shooting hoops.
I have a four year old son, Khyrie Raining Bird who means the world to me, and I strive to live the life I would want him to live as well.
Growing up, I was never into fitness or strength training. When I decided to try to walk onto a college basketball team, I started doing research on what would make me a stronger, faster and more powerful basketball player. This is when I learned how to squat, deadlift, and power clean. From then on, the seed of continued growth was planted.
This interest in weight lifting, lead me on a career path to graduate with a bachelors in exercise science, and become a certified personal trainer. I’ve worked with a wide-ranging population of clients from college athletes, to diabetic youth. I always give the best, up-to-date info to my clients to help them with any and all goals they may have.
“Being relentless means demanding more of yourself than anyone else could ever demand of you, knowing that every time you stop, you can still do more. You must do more.” – Tim Grover