SunUte Community Center
SunUte has a team of trainers ready to assist you to meet your physical goals.
As a SunUte member you will receive, free of charge, a fitness assessment and a one-on-one training with our certified trainers. This is will get you training in a safe and effective way.
I have been at SunUte for 10 years now and I have found this job to be highly rewarding on many levels. I have had a ton of mental and physical growth during my time here and I am so grateful for everyone who has influenced, inspired and challenged me. I truly enjoy how I can positively impact and change others' lives by pushing them to higher levels with their fitness. Although my profession calls for me to be loud, wild and demanding while teaching or training, I would say I live a pretty quiet and introverted lifestyle outside of the gym. Not sure if that will continue as I raise two extremely extroverted little boys. Wish me luck.
Sage Frane - Group Exercise Coordinator/Trainer
- Bachelor of Arts, Exercise Science - Concentration in Fitness and Leisure
- Employed by the Southern Ute Indian Tribe/SunUte December 2001 - Trainer
- Created Job Position as Group Exercise Coordinator - 2004-05
- AFAA Group Exercise Certification
- BodyPump-2003 BodyPump Advanced Instructor Module - June 2011
- BodyStep-2005 BodyStep Advanced Instructor Module - Sept. 2012
- BodyFlow-2006 BodyFlow Advanced Instructor Module - January 2011
One of my goals here at SunUte is to help members find their health and fitness passions. I encourage everyone to find something that they enjoy and will continue to do for the rest of their lives. Not everyone is meant to run marathons or do 24 hour adventure races. I suggest that everyone find their passion, their strength and what drives them and what makes them feel good. Life is about enjoying every minute to its fullest.
- Currently working on obtaining Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science - Exercise Specialist Option at Fort Lewis
- AFAA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer
- Sports-Specific Strengthening/Conditioning
- Circuit-Training (Cross-Training)
- Personalized workout routines
I know both sides of the client-personal trainer relationship, as I have been the client before, and now I am experiencing the trainer's perspective of the involvement. I truly enjoy creating interesting and different exercise routines for client that like to try the non-traditional approach to sports/fitness improvement. By the same token, I understand that there is nothing wrong with the basics, as long as variety is introduced every-so-often. The approach I take to aiding a client in reaching their fitness goals are: evaluating their current fitness levels, understanding their goals, and creating a completely personalized exercise routine based on strengthening their weak areas and strengthening their strong areas appropriately.
- BAS in Health Sciences - ASU, 1996
- HemoDialysis Technician - DaVita, 1997
- LPN Degree - DaVita, 1998
- PTA License - San Juan College, 2004
- NESTA (National Exercise of Sports Training Assoc.) Personal Trainer
- ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) Personal Trainer
- Les Mills Group Exercise Instructor
- Zumba and Zumbatomic Instructor
- Water Aerobics Instructor
- Older Adult Fitness
- Women and Metabolism
- Children Obesity and Exercise
- Stability Ball and Bosu Balance Training
- Cardiovascular Rehabilitation
- Native American Fitness Council Medical Exercise Instructor
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP) Educator
- Nutrition for Diabetes Prevention and Management
- Wellness and Physical Activity Programs for Diabetes Prevention
- Diabetes Education & Self-Management Support - Shining Mtn. Diabetes Program
Being diagnosed pre-diabetic was enough of a reality check to get myself physically active and making better choices. I have found unconventional ways to keep myself motivated and moving. I want to share this with others who are struggling to keep moving. I like to keep it light and fun, but worth your time! If you like Big Ball and BOSU exercises, I'm your gal. I love the instability and challenge that these pieces of equipment provide... Combo moves, functionality, short & sweet (not me, the workouts). Challenge me, I dare you! If you want to "spice up your life", join me for a booty shakin' you won't regret in one of my Zumba classes. And if you like the water, but not sure how to get the most out of splashing about, let's do a 1-on-1 training in the pool! It's great for rehabilitation and easier on the joints. That doesn't mean an easy workout! So many benefits come from movement alone. You must take good care of yourself to take care of others. And remember, "Physical activity is the miracle drug!"